If you are taking the PSAT in the morning, here are a few things to remember:
- You MUST attend 1st period.
- After 1st period report to the Auditorium no later than 8:45 am.
- You may bring a calculator – WOHS will not provide calculators for testing.
- Bring pencils. We will have some pencils if needed.
- Dress in layers – the temperature is changing and the Auditorium may be hot or cold.
- The test will end by 11:45
- ALL students will go to class after lunch.
- Get some rest tonight.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Know that you are loved and believed in. Go Roughnecks!
WAY TO GO WOHS! We had a grand total of 122 students sign- up to take the test. That’s fantastic!
Here are a few things to know for tomorrow:
- You MUST show photo id to enter the testing location
- We will not be providing calculators. Please bring your own. Here is a list of acceptable calculators. ACT Calculator Policy
- You may not enter the testing location unless the proctor is present.
- All backpacks, purses and bags will be left in the hallway. We have an adult supervising the hallway all day to ensure the safety of your personal items.
- All cell phones, smart watches, chrome books, and other electronic devices CAN NOT be brought into the testing room. Those items will be separated by room and stored in the vault until just before the testing session is over.
- We will finish testing between 1:15-2:0
Sequence of Tests
Test 1 – 45 minutes
Test 2 – 60 minutes
Break – 15 minutes
Test 3 – 35 minutes
Test 4 – 35 minutes
Get a good nights sleep! Eat a good breakfast! Know that you are loved and believed in! Go Roughnecks!
LAST CALL to turn in ACT & PSAT money! The Counseling Office will close at 2:30 for the Pep Rally.
ACT = $62.50 PSAT = $16 MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO WOHS
WOHS has shown up in a BIG way! Over 100 have signed up for the ACT and 75 for the PSAT! That’s great!! ALWAYS PROUD TO BE A ROUGHNECK!
Attention 11th & 12th grade students: If you are interested in taking the ACT at WOHS 10/3/17 you must bring your money by the Counseling Office by Friday 9/29/17. The cost is $62.50 and we will not take payments next week. Make checks payable to WOHS and write the students name in the memo.
Attention 10th & 11th grade students: If you are interested in taking the PSAT at WOHS 10/11/17 you must bring your money by the Counseling Office by Friday, 9/29/17. The cost is $16 and we will not take payments next week. Make checks payable to WOHS and write the students name in the memo.
Attention 9th grade students: At this time, we do not recommend you take the PSAT because you do not have the necessary academic background, yet, to be successful on this test. The earlier announcement was incorrect in stating that 9th-11th grade students could take the PSAT. If you have already paid for the test, please come by and your money will be refunded.
We have several important testing dates coming up at WOHS! All of these tests helps students prepare for the next step in their lives.
September 21, 2017 10th graders will take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). This test will help students identify multiple areas of strength that are geared toward military service occupations. This test is not just for those seeking to enlist after high school. The ASVAB helps students recognize their individual abilities both academically and occupationally. Our hope is that this test will help 10th grade students better recognize personal skills that will help make course selections more meaningful in the Spring. Click on the ASVAB link above for more information. This test is free to all students.
October 3, 2017 – WOHS will host the ACT test with writing. This test is open to all 11th and 12th grade students. The cost for the test will be $62.50. Cash and checks are accepted. Please make all checks out to WOHS and write the student’s name in the memo. Payment will be accepted in the Counseling Office (7:45 – 3:45) each day, starting today, until Sept 29, 2017. Waivers are not available for this test because we are a local test site, not a national test site.
- WOHS will host the ACT again in the Spring. That test date will be open to all 10-12th graders interested in testing. The cost will still be $62.50. That date has not be determined as of yet.
October 11, 2017 – WOHS will host the PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test). This test is available for any student 9-11 with a focus on 11th grade scores for National Merit purposes. “The PSAT/NMSQT is the screening test for high school students who wish to participate in the National Merit Scholarship Program. You can find more information by visiting the website www.nationalmerit.org.” The fee for this test is $16. Please make all checks out to WOHS and write the student’s name & PSAT in the memo.
Please check out kcbookstore.com for your books for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Please click on the link below and answer the questions that follow:
AFTER GRADUATION SURVEY
This scholarship is for the C/O of 2017 AND C/O 2018. It’s a great opportunity. Check it out!
Texas Armed Services Scholarship
Dual Credit Payment information for Fall 2017
This information was e-mailed to all students using the e-mail address provided on the Dual Credit Registration Form. If you did not receive an e-mail with this link, please let me know so we can update the e-mail address.
EOC TUTORIAL TIMES – STUDENTS IN NEED OF TUTORIALS WE CONTACT BY MAIL
STAAR EOC RETEST SCHEDULE
||JUNE 19, 2017
||JUNE 20, 2017
||JUNE 21, 2017
||JUNE 22, 2017
||JUNE 23, 2017