Thursday, December 14th, and Friday, December 15th, ALL White Oak ISD campuses will be CLOSED due to sickness. This decision was made in the best interest of all students, faculty, and staff.
There will be NO outside activities
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
MONDAY, DEC 18, 20107
TUESDAY, DEC 19, 2017
WEDNESDAY, DEC 20, 2017
STUDY HALL 7:55-915
4TH PERIOD – 9:30-10:50
5TH PERIOD – 10:55-12:15
1ST PERIOD – 7:55-9:15
2ND PERIOD 9:20-9:25
3RD PERIOD 9:35-10:50
3RD PERIOD 10:55-12:15
6TH PERIOD – 7:55-9:15
2ND PERIOD 9:20-9:25
7TH PERIOD – 9:30-10:50
8TH PERIOD – 10:55-12:15
Have a GREAT Thanksgiving! We’ll see you Nov 27th!
Are wondering why you have not received your PSAT/NMSQT scores? You are not alone! I’ve been wondering the same thing. Turns out, they aren’t out yet. They are scheduled to be released Dec 11-13. When we receive the scores we will get them to you asap.
Have a great evening and Go Roughnecks!
CALLING ALL JUNIORS & SENIORS
The Greater East Texas College Night will be held Monday, November 13, 2017, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Center in Longview.
This is a great opportunity to visit with representatives from over 70 colleges, universities, technical colleges, and military recruitment personnel.
This year, the new scanner and barcode system will be used so that college reps can scan a barcode you present to gather your information rather than you having to fill out information requests at their tables. You must pre-register to use the barcode system.
To pre-register for the event and ease of sharing information with recruiters, go to www.gotocollegefairs.com. Be sure to take your barcode to the fair.
Make plans to attend the 2017 Greater East Texas College Night on Monday, November 13th. Admission is free! For additional information, call 903-983-8209.
11/ 16/17 GO TEXAN SCHOLARSHIPS! I didn’t see these last year! They are not necessarily local scholarships, but they are Texas scholarships. Might be worth a look! Go Roughnecks!
11/2/17 – TEXAS FARM CREDIT Scholarship added -DECEMBER 1st deadline
10/20/17 is a student holiday, therefore there will be no pep rally. Come out and support the Roughnecks as they take on Sabine in Sabine.
Howdy Counselors and School Contacts,
In case you didn’t receive this important message regarding our extended application and credentials deadline, it is posted below. While we are allowing students to continue applying and submitting documents up to January 2nd, I really feel as though you should still motivate them to get everything in by December 1st. Remember, the longer they wait to apply, no longer it takes to get them an Admissions Decision.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the below information, please let me know.
Thanks and Gig’em- Derek Nido – ETX TAMU Rep
We have 3 scholarship opportunities now available.
Please check out this link
The STEMCO, East Texas Professionals Credit Union and SFA Scholarships applications and/or flyers. Please look at the information carefully for deadlines. My scholarship site will be up and running soon and direct links with pertinent information will be provided. Until then I didn’t want you to miss out on these opportunities.
Have a great day and Go Roughnecks!
If you are taking the PSAT in the morning, here are a few things to remember:
- You MUST attend 1st period.
- After 1st period report to the Auditorium no later than 8:45 am.
- You may bring a calculator – WOHS will not provide calculators for testing.
- Bring pencils. We will have some pencils if needed.
- Dress in layers – the temperature is changing and the Auditorium may be hot or cold.
- The test will end by 11:45
- ALL students will go to class after lunch.
- Get some rest tonight.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Know that you are loved and believed in. Go Roughnecks!
WAY TO GO WOHS! We had a grand total of 122 students sign- up to take the test. That’s fantastic!
Here are a few things to know for tomorrow:
- You MUST show photo id to enter the testing location
- We will not be providing calculators. Please bring your own. Here is a list of acceptable calculators. ACT Calculator Policy
- You may not enter the testing location unless the proctor is present.
- All backpacks, purses and bags will be left in the hallway. We have an adult supervising the hallway all day to ensure the safety of your personal items.
- All cell phones, smart watches, chrome books, and other electronic devices CAN NOT be brought into the testing room. Those items will be separated by room and stored in the vault until just before the testing session is over.
- We will finish testing between 1:15-2:0
Sequence of Tests
Test 1 – 45 minutes
Test 2 – 60 minutes
Break – 15 minutes
Test 3 – 35 minutes
Test 4 – 35 minutes
Get a good nights sleep! Eat a good breakfast! Know that you are loved and believed in! Go Roughnecks!